Advertise Here
  1. WW Meet & Greet Fall 2010
    Saturday November 13, 2010 | 2-4 PM
    McCabe's Irish Pub (356 King Street West, Kitchener)

________

It's time to have another quarterly social, so come on out to meet the characters of Wonderful Waterloo & put a face behind their username.

Do you plan to attend WW Meet Fall 2010?

• Yes, I am attending.

13 41.94%
    • Maybe.

11 35.48%
    • No, hopefully next time.

7 22.58%
    Voters
    31. You may not vote on this poll
    From Waterloo, ON | Member Since Apr 2010 | 853 Posts
    Is this just going to be a drinking thing?
    From Kitchener-Waterloo | Member Since Dec 2009 | 5,693 Posts
    Nope, feel free to come out to socialize and grab some food (appetizers will be provided). I called ahead of time and the restaurant is all ages during the day.
    Alright, thanks
    What sort of stuff do we do at these meets?
    The meet-ups are basically a social way to get together and chat about things going on in the community, opposed to the more structured input sessions often held by the municipalities.

If you have any cool things which relate to Waterloo Region (say a book on the area's history, or an old map) bring it out and we'll discuss it.

When they're held at a condo, we typically do a tour of the building (look forward to the42's meet next year), but this time it's basically a chance to tour a new urban restaurant in the area. We'll probably do a BBQ in St. Jacobs next year as well.

Hope to see everyone there!
    Marked
    DAVID KUHN
    Former Candidate for City Council
    Kitchener - Ward 9
    www.davidkuhn.ca
    David's Blog
    I was hoping to be there because from what I knew I was going to be working (in Toronto) but they never called me, so... I'm frustrated as it would mean last-minute plans to come down to KW.

I'm not going to be able to attend this time
    Just a reminder the WW Fall Meet & Greet is happening this Saturday from 2-4PM at the new McCabe's in Downtown Kitchener. We'll be hanging out in the boardroom type area at the back. Hope to see you there!

11. From West-South-West Kitchener | Member Since May 2010 | 1,590 Posts
    My Saturday plans are still a bit fluid, but I'm definitely hoping to make it!
  12. From Kitchener | Member Since May 2010 | 136 Posts
    Out of curiosity, how many people have attended in the past? Hoping that I can make it out!
    About a dozen people have showed up at past social events, although this time I'm expecting 15-20. Also, McCabe's has been generous enough to donate some appetizers to the group.
    From Up from Uptown Waterloo | Member Since Oct 2010 | 16 Posts
    Great meeting everyone tonight, we had over 20 people show up and had many lively discussions about KW and our website in general. We'll definitely be looking to be holding meet n greets more consistently thanks to the level of interest.

Anyone that I didn't get a chance to talk to that had any feedback on the website please feel free to post here or in the forum feedback thread, or a pm and we'll be sure to follow up.
    Talk amongst yourselves
    From Kitchener | Member Since Jan 2010 | 1,582 Posts
    Yeah it was great to see everyone, lots of good discussion.

The venue McCabes is pretty nice inside they have done a fantastic job so far.
  16. From Kitchener | Member Since Jan 2010 | 287 Posts
    The meet this afternoon was a great success! Not only did we have the best turn out so far for a WW Meet, we also got to enjoy some delicious complimentary hors d'oeuvres from the owners / management of McCabe's.

It was a pleasure meeting new members and reconnecting with old ones! I look forward to the next one!
    Oh my gosh!! I totally forgot that the meet was today!!!
    From Kitchener, Ontario | Member Since Feb 2010 | 981 Posts
    As has been so elequently said stated above me, great meet everyone!
    "Only the insane have the strength enough to prosper. Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane."
    Agreed, it was a fun time this afternoon. Thanks to McCabe's for the complimentary appetizers and to all the members who made it out!
  20. This Member Says Thank You:

From Waterloo, ON | Member Since Feb 2010 | 483 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlooer
    Oh my gosh!! I totally forgot that the meet was today!!!
    I know the feeling!
    From Kitchener | Member Since Dec 2009 | 4,277 Posts
    To all of those who weren't able to make it, or forgot hope to see you next time!